Thursday 3 May 2012

Custom sign

I Love how this turned out.
Mum and Dad asked if I could make a sign for my sisters Birthday.Her husband has made her a studio and they wanted to give have a sign to go on it.
          



This is not the first thing I have made for Helen, together we have come up with some lovely custom pieces for her display table at bear and craft shows. I must say when she posts pictures on her blog Bear Cub Designs I feel a lovely sense of accomplishment seeing my sisters amazing bears and my wood work together complementing each other is so wonderful. 

Helen is not only an amazing artist but a talented business women, her knowledge and experience has helped not only me but other artist so much. Helen has just lunched a web builder designed for artists called
                   Easy Art Space do yourself a favour and take a look,Helen offers lots of free information on promoting your art.If you do you want be disappointed.

If you would like me to make a custom sign for you please email me @ sawdustart@hotmail.com    

Have a wonderful day :)  
                 

  
           

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure she will be as pleased as punch.
    Your work is great.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kays Kids, Helen was pleased. Thanks for following my blog and taking the time to comment x

      Delete
  2. Love the things you do,...and I have no comprehention of how you hand cut the gorgeous detailed pieces you make. I would actually love to see a video. Your eye for detail and the intricate patterns are beautiful. Love the windchime you made also. I would love to try this but frightened to break a pretty cup in the process. Following you on here as well as fb.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Michelle, give the drilling a go just use a cup you don't mind if it breaks,I used a cracked plate first and had no problem. make sure you get the tile Drill bit they cost about $9.00 at bunnings, the drilling is a slow process but easier than you think.
    I use a scroll saw to cut my work.no video yet but good idea:) if you go to my web I have photos of the process.www.sawdustartonline.com or click on the tiger pic on the top right of my blog and it will take you to web.
    your blog is lovely 2 so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete