Thursday 18 January 2018

The grass is always greener




OK
 so we agree my backyard needs some work.I promise it hasn't always looked this bad, when my kids were little I spent more time working on the yard but since then its pretty much just been neglected.   

 
   The other day I found some astro turf being chucked out. That was the find I needed to get  motivated & fix the backyard up.This time into a space for me & hubby to enjoy when the Kids come to visit.

 Astro turf would not be my first choice, I love real not fake but some times compromise is for the best.With all that we have going on in our life we don't have a lot of time to maintain a lawn. I would rather spend the time and money on planting and taking care of veggies and herbs that we can eat.

first I had to weed and get rid of a lot of rubbish,move all those slabs. I have kept them because I'm planing on using them over where the cubby house is nowturnin that area into a nice little seating area. the cubby house I would like to move to the other end of the yard and convert it into a chicken         house but for now on with the astro turf.     
        
so I level off the sand and layed the turf out along side it. It had been folded up so the sun will straighten the crease out of it.    

 After the sun had done its job I moved the turf into place. its looking so much better already.

My yard has a slight rise in levels & the sleeper that was defining them had rotted so I needed to replace it . I used a jarrah 4x2 I had from a patio a neighbor had pulled down. I cut it to size then painted it the same charcoal colour as the rest of the wood in my yard & nailed it in place with iron support rods that go down into the ground.     

I am so pleased we stopped to collect the astro turf  its made such a difference to this space. 
  
the stand hubby put together for me. we found the frame in a skip bin. Marty cut some pallet boards and placed them across it making shelf's for me to use as a  herd & veggie  garden.       


There is still a lot I want to do out here but I think this is definitely a good start.

I hope you enjoyed. Leanne x     


No comments:

Post a Comment